Thursday 19 October 2017

More Manavgat Movement

Day 8 and another satisfactory session by close of play. 5 Lesser Whitethroat possibly 6 because as you know Lesser is more 😆. 1 each Red-Backed Shrike, Spotted Flycatcher & Stonechat. I got a Kestrel which was quickly followed by a Marsh Harrier with a bunch of Hooded Crows in attendance

2 Lapwing were a bit of a surprise as they were Northen and not Spur-winged. 1 Grey & Yellow Wagtail, Cormorant, 4 Jay. 10 Little Egret decided to fly round in a large circle.
After just finishing rinsing my kidneys I was fortunate in walking straight into another splendid Richards Pipit. Have to admit at first I had it as a Tawny thankfully my photos are good enough to confirm the Id.

On the final leg back to the hotel ( I should say butt cheek ) I happened to encounter a most efficacious WRYNECK. I'm electing this as bird of the week because over Five and Twenty years have passed since the last one.
Not forgetting the White Wagtails 3 BHG. 2 Cettis Warbler. YLGS, 2 Kingfisher & Phil the Phal  (before I get accused of sexism it could be Philippa).