Wednesday 20 September 2017

Harewood House Environs


Courtesy of DM with Kite spotter DW as front runner.
13 Red Kite, 4 Buzzard, 2 Mistle Thrush ditto GSW, 5 Jay similar Nuthatch. A big surprise in the shape of a Dunlin sized wader overhead calling clearly and loudly. I can eliminate what it wasn't but will  have to grill Xeno Canto to get near the mark.

A really crap shot by yours truly

Also c14 Swallow, multitudes of Canada Geese and numerous Greylags, c10 LTT, Coal Tit, 5/6 Goldcrest, c12 Linnet, several Mipits, Skylark.

I picked up an unknown fluttering medium sized Moth species from some mud as I did so DM saw a small wasp fly out of my hand. It would appear the moth had been stung and the stinger had been deprived of dinner, I do apologise.
Other beasties:both Daves watched a vole run in front of my plates of meat which I missed. 2 herds of  Deer, Red and Fallow.