Monday 26 November 2018

Sunday and Monday Walks

Sunday 25/11 approx 1015-1125 hrs short version of Queensbury South.
Not great (did I say that?). Cold damp with an E'ly breeze. No movement at all other than the Starling flock.
2 Greenfinch, 3 Goldfinch, Mistle Thrush singing, Song Thrush, 3 Blackbird. Down by the trailer park were 2 Snipe, several BHG & the sizeable Lapwing flock.

Monday 26/11 Hard Work throughout. Raggalds Flood 1010 hrs 6 BHG only.
Soil Hell 1 Grey Heron, 8 Goldfinch, 1 Chaffinch.


Ogden plantation and the reservoir a real non event. 1 each Kestrel & Herring Gull. On seeing me arrive the warden, Chris told me I had just missed c80 Lapwing resting on the W shoreline. Of course I did; wouldn't have it any other way.

The stretch to Mixenden was abysmal; nothing seen nor heard. The Res itself was a repeat of my last visit: 1 each Moorhen & Tufted plus the 2 Goldeneye. Roll on Doomsday.