Friday 7 June 2019

Hummingbird For Queensbury

Not strictly true I hasten to add.
In the last couple of evenings DP and I have noticed a large number of  Bees in our gardens. Yesterday (6/6/19) Dave noticed a stranger on the Lavender bush in his front garden. He rushed to get his camera and took 5 photographs of what he knew was a Hummingbird Hawk Moth.



The photographs weren't suitable for publication so he downloaded the above photo from the internet and compared them with his own. He is in no doubt as to what he had observed and although my knowledge of lepidoptera is still in the basic range, I do recall one or two previous records coming from the broader based area in the last few years.

PS Here are a couple of  photos I've performed surgery on that Dave sent to me this afternoon.


Click to enlarge both photos