Tuesday 30 November 2021

Disaster On Two Fronts

Raggalds had just a couple of Lapwing in among the sports field gulls and starlings. The flood held just a few gulls including a couple of large sub adult phase jobs.


Ogden Res reduced me from Birder to non Birder for the duration. The logic being how can you be a birder when there are no birds around?


I busied myself looking at the results of  Storm Arwen. Quite a few large trees blown down and several branches blocked the circular path.

I slipped up en route to Mixenden; 1 each Dunnock, Mistle Thrush, Grey & Pied Wagtail. The Reservoir just held several gulls.




Access to the reservoir from the NW corner was blocked by a large fallen tree which had snapped a metal power cable in two. Being a public spirited naive simpleton I decided to report this to Northern Power Grid. 2 attempts were made taking up some 47 minutes between them all to no avail. At least I got to hear some music.