Saturday 24 September 2022

A Quiet Lakeside Walk

Thought I’d do the local Ogden Water x 3 this am. I did and now know it’s a lot nearer x 4 😵‍💫. It has a lot in common with OW in another sense; apart from the Sardine Warblers it’s chronically quiet for arboreal avian activity.

We had a heavy storm overnight and first thing I noticed was a pr large dark mantled gulls in flight. I checked the local gullage on the ullage but just the Audouins, BHG & 3/4 Yeller legged were present. The voice of the former has just got to be heard to be believed. Any one of them could get to be lead vocals with any Death 💀 or Thrash metal band going.

A Common Sandpiper gave me the runaround. A Grey Heron was to be frank, franking loudly 😄. 2 Little Egret, 1 Stonechat heard. 3 Spotted Flycatcher tested my patience with the camera, one finally succumbing albeit reluctantly.

Just one Swallow seen as was a Marbled Duck.