Wednesday 7 December 2022

Queensbury Sth To Horton Bank CP

A calm cold morning in bright, sometimes pesky sunshine. A Mistle Thrush was prospecting DPs garden next door as I got ready.
Littlemoor Park produced 1 Bullfinch, 3 Greenfinch & 6/7 Goldfinch. 1 each Pied & Grey Wagtail.



Not much doing in the fields until I hit the bottom of Bridge Lane, Shelf, where a pr Mistle Thrush & 11 Fieldfare took flight. Then I got lucky, a Little Owl 🦉 perched prominently, glaring at me as I took liberties with the camera 📷. Singles of Herring & BH gull also seen.



Horton Bank Country Park was easily dealt with.  As per the last visit there were no avian visitors, just the residents. Not quite true I suppose as there were more Herring Gulls present than is the norm. Perhaps 13 as opposed to 3/4 LBBG & similar Common.


I looked for leg rings and immediately felt guilty as one bird, possibly a second were missing the all important limb.