Thursday 7 March 2024

Murky Soil Hill To Ogden

Took a chance that some birds would be on the deck in the mist this am. Raggalds Flood had to be cancelled but I did get a window on Soil Hill for a short while.

3 Goldfinch, 1 Blackbird & House Sparrows at Perspiration Rd.
I did the entire slog of the hill which sported about 11 singing Skylark and my first Meadow Pipit of the year. A pr Grey Partridge took fright and flight.

Down at the boggy bottom I got my first annual Snipe. A couple of Curlew and Lapwing called in the distance. A pr Canada flew over. I couldn’t see the pond clearly as the murk came in again.

I can’t bring myself to bore you two readers with Ogden. By the way how much are you going to charge me this year for reading my posts? Answers on a postcard please it will give me time to save up 🤓.