Tuesday 26 March 2024

Soil Hell Ogden Water A Good Session

A look at Raggalds Flood confirmed the water is still present without birds.
I just did the top of SH where double figure Skylark and similar Meadow Pipits were active. 5 Curlew also a distant pr of flying Partridge sp. 1 Mistle Thrush. 3 each Chaffinch & Dunnock.

A magical minute at Ogden when a soaring Buzzard was chastised by a Raven. The size of the latter was really put in to perspective. To complete this observation a Sparrowhawk flew past close to them 👍.


Then turning a corner on the W track a couple hundred yards later another spectacle 15 Whooper Swan 😛. Pity I’m still taking shots with my wrecked camera but that’s the way it goes 🤓. 


Also a singing Chiffchaff followed later by the Barn Owl pair.

Yesterday 25th DP told me a Tawny Owl was calling
at 3AM from the trees at the back of our respective gardens. At 7:30PM it was hooting and screeching away very loudly. I’m very happy with this as it is probably the first bird in around a year for me from the back yard.