Thursday 11 April 2024

Turkey Trot Trip Update

I’ll try match the paucity of birds with a minimum of words (yeah right).
Never known it as bad, I visited areas that used to be filthy with feathery friends but now it’s all over.

On Wednesday I roamed locally and got the same species as Tuesday 9th with a psychological lifeline thrown in. About 5 Common Swift shot past accompanied by a pr Alpine Swift 😍. They were gone in a minute.

Today I went to the massive lake at Dalyan - Ogden times 1873 on a poor day. It was grim but with a life saver in the final hour.
The same hirundines  as previous days. 2 Little Egret and a few Hooded Crows. One brief large winged raptor at distance. 1 each White Wagtail & Crested Lark. 7 Pygmy Cormorant 2 Cettis Warbler.

Then again at last gasp I got the jackpot. 4 luverly adorable 🥰 Spur-Winged Lapwing on the edge of a rough pasture field bordering the lake 😁.