Sunday 5 May 2024

Soil Hill and a Queensbury N Drama

Confirmation that I meet the requirements for psychiatry ☹️.
After an unmentionable Friday I went up the hill from hell again this morning. The peace and tranquility shattered the sound of shotguns going off at the rate of Uzis ๐Ÿคจ.

Not much doing: 1 Kestrel ditto Reed Bunting & Wheatear. A few Skylark a Linnet & 2/3 Meadow Pipit.
I decided to walk back via the Raggalds and here my luck changed noticeably ๐Ÿ˜ƒ.

On what is now a scrape were a pr of Lapwing with a pr Oystercatcher ๐Ÿ‘. I went up the Old Guy Rd track and got 7 Swallow before reaching the fields near the cricket pitch.
A female Wheatear was on a wall and it kept flying ahead of me.

The bird put in a final appearance as it dipped below a wall corner. About 20 seconds afterwards a Sparrowhawk flew up from that same spot and passed me not too far away. I got good views but the angle of flight prohibited viewing its talons.
The Wheatear was not seen again ๐Ÿค”.