I will never understand how a known route can have an extra Km added to it the next time out. Nor can I grasp how a temperature of 29/30C doth feel like one hath descended into the fires 🔥 of hades 🤔. So it came to pass that I didn’t pass out and got some reasonable birds.
A couple of Purple Swamphen. Greater Flamingo now at 4 birds. BW Stilt also 4. One Glossy Ibis showed reasonably well. A Green Sandpiper was dodging around. A Marsh Harrier did a short flyover. A Kestrel was on pylon wires but not for long.
Got a flock of chirping Serin, 4 Stonechat, c9 Swallow and the previously seen Hoopoe in flight. Cretins Warblers down in numbers today and Sardines less active.
The Mauve Algae bloom is blazing away as it expands across the Waterworks Area. Thirsty Anyone?
Birds here down to Coots and a pr of Marbled Teal 😁.







