Wednesday 13 December 2017

Who Would A Birder Be?

Just before lunch time today I could stand being hovel bound no longer so despite knowing the weather forecast, I togged up and went through Littlemoor Park and returned home via the Cross Lane route. It was a very quick walk and incredibly wet to boot, needless to say birds weren't exactly bountiful.
c35 Lapwing, c100 Starling, 1 Meadow Pipit, 4 Blackbird, 2 Chaffinch, few Goldfinch.

It did prompt me to publish these pointers about the pitfalls of birding that have been festering in the recesses for a month or so.

There isn't enough light about to see any birds with/It's far too sunny and the light is hitting me straight in the eyeballs.

There is too much rain, apart from getting soaked it's keeping the birds down/I wish it would rain, the ground is rock hard and it will drop some birds in.

This severe gale that's blowing should drive some cracking birds into our area/For chrissakes when is this bleedin wind gonna stop it's no use going up Soil Hill in this crap.

The extended cold snap should bring us some morsels from the West:East:North/I hope this frost goes and it gets warmer I can't stand being out in it for too long.

These binoculars are great, the high definition gets me another 90 yards of clarity/These binoculars are rubbish, I never get any good birds.

This camera is shite it can't take any good photographs.