Friday 15 December 2017

Horton Bank Country Park

via Queensbury Sth in almost lethal conditions. I saw a number of people give up walking and return to their homes. Contrast this with a young lady I warned about a particular hazardous stretch of ice that I'd struggled with - she almost waltzed across it. Proof positive I'm an old insecure wrinkly.

This was my first visit to HBCP in a few years but I'm glad I persevered as I got a personal site tick - a drake Tufted Duck.




Another good record was the sighting and photographing of 4 Herring Gulls among the several BH & c8 Commons that were present.





Also present: 6 Mute Swan, 3 Canada, c8 Moorhen, c17 Coot, Dullards.

Just a few Lapwing, 3 Meadow Pipit, 1 Mistle Thrush, Dunnock & Great Tit seen on the Queensbury/Shelf Moor stretch.