Saturday 21 May 2022

Swillington Ings Yawn

What a boring experience this was ðŸ¥¸ I reckon this has to be my last visit on the basis I need to preserve what little sanity I have left. Nothing to boast about at all just the usual suspects.

Black-necked, Little & GC Grebes. Shelduck with 5 young. Several Common Tern. 

Waders down to Lapwings, 1 each Dunlin & Oyster ðŸ¦ª Catcher. An epidemic of Swift. Usual Pochard, Gadwall, Shoveler & Tufted Duck.


A Cettis Warbler made a big mistake, it actually showed itself! ðŸ˜±. Lots of Reed & Sedge Warblers. Couple Garden Warbler, Blackcaps also Chit Chats & Wiley Warbler ðŸ˜‚.

2 Grey Heron, 1 Little Egret, Cormorants & plenty of Gull sp.


Song Thrush do alright here, however I searched and searched but never found a single Dunnock ðŸ˜«ðŸ˜£. Perhaps it’s time I stopped birding and took up something worth while like following Leeds United ðŸ¤¬