Monday 23 May 2022

Queensbury To Mixenden Res

A long trek but worth it all told. An Oyster 🦪 Catcher flew high over Fox Hill calling thrice. Soil Hill was passage only but I did get a pr Greenfinch.

I got my first Cuckoo 😜 of the year 📞 calling from Ogden Clough then moving randomly toward the top of the tree line nearer to the golf course. It’s also, once again the latest date I’ve had for a Spring bird.

The Redstart was still performing, 14 days after I first got it. I tried again for the Pied Flycatcher and did get two calls that made my 👂s stand up but I can’t bring myself to record on Birdtrack with such flimsy evidence. The Mute Swan is still present and looking content. A Grey Heron was on the E shore and the usual arboreal types 🎵 singing.

Mixenden Res once again disappointed with just a pr Swallow stopping for a drink. 4/5 3CY ish large gulls drifted over in the vicinity.