Thursday 22 September 2022

A Lakeside Walk

Porto Alcudia's lake is roughly Ogden water x 3. Seeing as my legs threatened legal action this morning, I elected to do this short walk. On the touristic side, the area is pristine and painted white on walls etc. However on the semi rural side tis a totally different story. Rearrange these two words for an idea of what it’s like: Heap Rubbish 🥸. Good to know people are the same worldwide irrespective of mother tongue 👅.

Among the several Audouins Gulls were a few BHG so I now have no need to fret over Slender Billed being present. A couple of YLG were seen, one on a platform opposite a Grey Heron. Spotted Flycatcher gave me a break; just the one.

Got me a raptor, a Lesser Kestrel. 3 Little Egret & a Marbled Teal or Duck if you’re not posh 🤣🤓. Pr Kingfisher, pr Common Sandpaper (really abrasive birds) and at distance a possible pr Green Sands but I wouldn’t push this. Failed to Identify a calling wagtail but did manage 4 Sardine Warblers 🥹.