Sunday 29 October 2017

Queensbury Bonus Bird

Queensbury South 0820-1020 hrs. Birds were sporadic with quite a few quiet stretches however I got a cracker in Foster Park aka Littlemoor. Just about 50 yards inside the top entrance I startled a bird on the ground which in turn startled moi. Twas a Woodcock which took flight going across me then veering right and into the trees showing all identification criteria.
Otherwise a Nuthatch and a couple of Goldfinch were noted. Prior to that as I'd left the house a GSW was calling from the back and two Redwing flew over my garden.

c180 Starling and a few Mipit were around the track circuiting the golf course. For the first time in a while the Cross Lane bog was empty. I got 9 distant thrush type from Shaw Lane but can't say for definite that I've seen my first Fieldfare of the year. c44 Lapwing & c56 small gull sp. were in Corporal Lane along with a few Woodpigeon. A Green Woodpecker was heard brieflyand a few Jackdaw seen at Green Lane and that was it.