Monday 8 July 2019

A Long Slog Rewarded

No doubt about it I bit off more than I could chew this am casually wandering off the beaten track and paying the price both in terms of avian inactivity and physical discomfort.

However...


I can think of a couple of places I wouldn't want these to be near

This adult LEO had me spellbound for a while and I'm so happy to have been able to get it immortalised on camera. An hour or so after I left another lucky observer states there were two birds seen.

Others: 1 Kestrel, 30 Lapwing and a Redshank sized wader that was probably one but distance and haze prevented a confident identification.
Jay, numerous Tits mainly Coal & Gt, Goldcrests, f Blackcap catching flys, WW, Chiffchaffs. Skylarks, few Swallow, couple House Martin. 2 Song Thrush, few Blackbird and one species in the open that simply flew too fast and got away
Gulls appearing regularly now; 5 LBBG & 14 BHG.