Monday 30 December 2019

Queensbury South

0915-1120 hours in bright sunlight and a reminder that a variable W'ly blow can be annoying at times, as if I needed one.
Littlemoor Park was reasonably active, even to the extent of a modicum of bird music at the start.
Nuthatch, 12 Redwing, 2 Blackbird, 3 Chaffinch, 1 Goldfinch ditto Coal Tit. Blue/Gt Tits, Robin. Dunnocks.

Then the fun stopped as I hit the track by the open fields; there was simply a virtual emptiness of birds.
From Giles Hill & Cross Lane to Corporal & Green Lane then home, I managed c20 small gulls, 12 Woodpigeon , a couple of Maggot-Pie and Jackdaws. Oh and 2 House Sparrow.

So ends my last local birding session of 2019 the most disastrous year I've endured during my nigh on 20 year sojourn in the place where the most life can be found in the local cemetery. I daren't even contemplate what 2020 is going to be like. Maybe the year I finally manage to ditch all optics and take up a new pastime, like Snowboarding or Alligator wrasslin' perhaps?