Monday 22 February 2021

Miss and Hit Usual Route

So I got to the Raggalds and decided I couldn't be bothered checking the flood as there wouldn't be anything worthwhile there.


20 minutes later DW kindly rang me to say he was watching a Pink-footed Goose and a Curlew!

Fortunately my spirits were raised back to normal depression by the end of the walk, picking up a couple of annuals en route.


1 LEO, 7 Skylark, 2 Pied Wagtail, Song Thrush, couple Mistle Thrush. 1 each adult Herring & LBB Gull plus several smaller.
Pr Coal & LTT, 1 Dipper - first annual. 2 Meadow Pipit, 1 Curlew & a Green Woodpecker - second annual, 1 Reed Bunting.

I was more rhan happy to see a single Barn Owl in brief flight. Also 1 Cormorant and a hybrid Goose showing white on the base of the bill which appeared orange or pink at distance in sunlight.