Saturday 16 March 2024

Raggalds Soil Hill Ogden Mixenden

A real hard slog that has finally convinced me I have to give into old age and rein in my ambitions.
Raggalds held just one small gull sp. which I couldn’t be bothered to confirm.

Soil Hill: 1 Common Snipe 2 Curlew 8 Skylark 3 Meadow Pipit several Woodpigeon.
Ogden Water and plantation: 1 each Kestrel and Treecreeper. Pr Goosander 1 each Cormorant & Raven. Several gulls including 2 adult LBBG and 4 other young large sp.

Proof positive I urgently need to buy a new camera or consider not taking anymore photos.
It fizzled out big time on the stretch to Mixenden but I did see a Barn Owl.


On a day I decided not to even think about Cold Edge BS kindly sent me a txt about 45 Whoopers being present. This sounds about right they way I’ve been performing so far this year 🙄.