Monday 24 July 2017

Ogden Res to Mixenden

As I was walking up the frog n toad from Bradshaw I got to Rocks Lane and saw a light mantled large gull fly from behind me and head for Ogden Res at approx 1040 hrs. YLG sprang immediately to mind and so I upped the canter sharpish.
Sure enough I caught sight of an adult Yellow-legged Gull in flight just up from Ducky Corner and proceeded to panic with the camera.







At one stage I thought there may have been 2 birds present but I'm more than happy to finally get fair confirmation photos of one of these uncommon gulls in our area.
Also present: 4 Cormorant, several LBB & BH gulls, 2 Chiffchaff, 4 Chaffinch, Grey Wagtail.

The golf course quiet but it did throw up an obliging Green Woodpecker besides the resident Reed Bunting.

Mixenden as usual was slumbering, just a Nuthatch was notable. 1 Grey Wagtail also there along with a few canoeists.