Thursday 25 January 2018

Raggalds to Mixenden

Raggalds Flood devoid of life a few small gulls nearby.
Soil Hill produced just a Crow and an overwhelming misery.
3 LBBG flew W over Ogden Res which was graced by a f Goosander, the usual trash otherwise.
In 2017 I waited until December for my first Treecreeper. Today I was lucky to get good views of one, pity I was slow with the camera.

The walk to Mixenden coughed up 1 each Meadow Pipit, Green Woodpecker & loudly calling Little Owl. 4 Sheep appear to have succumbed to the rigours of the prolonged cold snap.
The reservoir was quiet: 1 Cormorant & the 3 Goldeneye plus usual Gulls. Managed a Sparrowhawk on leaving for home.

I'm honoured in being asked to sit on a panel that surveys Strigiformes. I'll have to think about it as it means moving to BarnOwlsdwick.