Monday 12 November 2018

Queensbury to Mixenden

Another session with long patches of avians in absentia. Around 42 Lapwing were a sheltering from the wind at Mountain. Raggalds field is still driza bone and c20 Sheep at Small Tail Farm surrounded me not for my good lucks I hasten to add, more likely the poor buggers thought my rucksack contained grub.

Soil Hill disappointed just for a change; I thought I'd managed a dip but a Mipit ruined the hour.
Nothing in Ogden plantation except a flyover Kestrel, however a few woodland birds livened the reservoir up.
Green Woodpecker, pr Treecreeper, 1 Bullfinch, 5 Goldfinch, 4 Blackbird a la continent type & few Tit sp. 1 Herring Gull on the drink.

7 Fieldfare were near the now risky Mixenden stile (parts missing) but nothing else was.
Mixenden Res just had 2 Goosander, 1 Cormorant ditto Moorhen and a few gulls.