Monday 30 September 2019

Nightmare Monday

A tropical storm patiently waited until I was abandoned in the wilderness and then struck like a shower of Joshua Tetley's Leeds piss dropping at 5000 gallons per second per second. I can stand a soaking but this was no.2 in 12 hours so I may have to steal some dry footwear somehow.
My mobile bone got decommissioned as a pure act of kindness but I stripped it and reassembled after drying it out. The only loss is the convenience of What's App which requires verification again; 7 hours to wait is the price to pay which beats the cost of international calls anytime 🤡.

Now for the serious part;  the birds took advantage of my temporary distress and decided to play hide and seek. I was Jekyll, they were Hyde. Hiding everywhere, all 7/8 species of them but I did get a few reasonable pics of Collared Kingfisher & Vinous-breasted Myna.
Also Sunbird sp. & Olive-backed Sunbird. White-throated Kingfisher, 3 Indian Roller, 2 Brahminy Kite. I finally confirmed a pr of  House Swift when they flew low and revealed their white rumps. Eastern Jungle Crow & yawn zzzzz.

I didn't intend to embolden the narrative it just happened because, well I'm having a reet good day 💩🌚