Wednesday 7 February 2018

Same Old Route

I was hoping for some cold weather movement today and I got some; it was cold and I was moving. A glorious sunny day for walking if not so for birds although there was one exception.
A Rook was on a lamp post at Raggalds with a Pied Wagtail and a Greenfinch or two up Persecution Rd. Soil Hill was fit for passage only.

A Kingfisher was fishing up by the Ogden Clough bridge and I managed a few dodgy photos of it perched in a waterside bush. Others: 1 Lazy Black-backed Gull, 4 Pheasant, 2 Chaffinch, Robin and the Yawn gang.



Mixenden Res was partially frozen and I managed to pull 2 Herring Gull out of the multitude of small 'uns on the ice.




Cormorants were down to 3 same as the long staying Goldeneye which haven't got any tamer. There were also 6 Canada and ditto Dullards present.