Thursday 11 April 2019

Thursday A Heated Encounter


Today's slog in the sun (33c but feeling like 39c at 1020 hrs) brought some interesting results. I walked near a Muay Thai training camp so as I used to do some Thai Boxing training back in the day I smugly walked in.
I don't remember much after that apart from being confused and contused but a kind lady Muay Thai exponent filled me in, literally.
It seems I challenged her to a sparring session, me being a cruiserweight and her a lightweight, nothing unfair about that in my eyes 🤓.

"What your name big boy?" She enquired while applying a cold compress to my heart.
"Canvasback Kerwin" I answered "What is your name you delightful creature?"
"They call me Measles Lady" she smiled "I was all over you like a rash" 🤼🤸

The dojo owner decided I didn't need oxygen and let me carry on walking, adding that next time he would instruct the fighter to use both arms and legs.

Some incidental birds: Great White Egret, Cattle Egret, Little Egret and another Eastern Reef Egret.
Indian Roller, Yellow-vented Bulbul, Magpie Robin. I got some decent photos today, including a cracking Coppersmith Barbet, pity I left the crucial camera cable at home.
For once the Pond Herons stayed still and didn't take fright as is their wont.
For future analasys is a large Eagle which soared above giving reasonable views. Right now I'm pondering Serpent and Hawk Eagle, we shall see hopefully.