Tuesday 9 April 2019

Wetlands A Dry Joke

Jumped on the hotel shuttle to Nai Harn. Got off and was promptly greeted by Magpie Robin & photogenic Collared Kingfisher perched on a lamp post.

I then got a Pigeon I always forget the name of even though it was a photo addict. Then my first identified wader and only the second for the trip. At this stage the two of you who read this drivel may go get a cuppa, do the garden etc. - twas a only a Common Sandpiper.
A Little  Egret and more Striated Swallow plus a Chameleon species also eyeballed.

After watching a massive water bowser drain a marsh of water for the building industry I lost  the will to live and cried myself along the road back to the hotel. Scant consolation for the trek being a pr Brahminy Kite.

In the afternoon the river produced: 2 Java Pond Herons, 1 each White--vented Myna & Yellow-vented Bulbul and the Collared Kingfisher carrying a couple of small fry. Also few Asian Palm Swift & Striated Swallow.

I'm done with birding now it's time to immerse myself in a truly great book 'How To Train Your Cat' by Claud Balls. I would say this shouldn't be read at scratch, it is a truly deep rooted ripping publication.