Monday 7 October 2019

Monday's Random News

I have just finished bashing my socks against a metal railing after this morning's session - stops 'em from crawling away y'know.

Not much doing apart from a good sighting of a marsh dweller in short flight that enabled me to confirm the same bird I saw yesterday afternoon thrice briefly as a brillo Black Bittern mmmm tasty.

Yesterday (Sunday) late afternoon proved more interesting than dreaded, er I mean anticipated. The pr Magpie Robin were playing out which enabled me to grab a couple of decent photos. 3 Javan Pond Herons and a Little Egret were in proximity and I managed another 2 new rather flighty birds for the trip.
However due to my skill at contre jour photography I won't be able to stand any chance of identification until I get the shots processed with the reliable software on my home Laptop.

Worth a mention I feel is the fact that I am near the shoreline of a large  tropical sea with another suchlike stretch of sea not a hundred miles away. In all this time and effort I have not seen one seabird be it Gull, Tern or how's yer father.

Oh I say how fortuitous I just had Black-naped Oriole flyby from this here balcony 😎🤑