Wednesday 2 October 2019

Wet Wednesday Partially

Went round the lake earlier and walked away happy as I managed to get shots of both Javan Pond Heron and Little Egret in the same frame 😁. Then it got better as a wader crept out from a couple of feet behind the Egret allowing me a couple more same frame scenarios 🤗.
Don't yer just love Spotted Redshank? I do, always have, always will.

Both Kingfisher species again, Brown Shrike and a large raptor flying away that didn't give up any features.

After munch I visited the same area and saw the large wren tail like bird from a day or three back creating like Joe Buggery. It showed a bit more detail so all I have to do now is trawl the 'net guides for photos and descriptions. Great!

It got better as I was leaving, a large Acrocephaline warbler flew up from some reeds into a tree and showed well if briefly. I know it ain't Great Reed or suchlike but a bonus came when it started yelling. I have checked Clamorous Reed which does sound good but I should check Thick-billed and Blyth's before I even start on the other 2/3.

Have I finally encountered migration? I wonder.

PS The noisy sod with the long tail was a Common Tailorbird.