Monday 20 July 2020

Soil Hill to Mixenden Res

Finally, some birds turned up! Managed a pr Swift over Soil Hell, along with a few Swallow also 1 WW & 4/5 LBBG upstairs.
Ogden Water: 1 each Grey Wagtail & Cormorant and the now what I class as fixtures and fittings GC Grebe. 25 BH & c15 LBB Gulls. 2 Chiffchaff, 1 WW, 2 Reed Bunting, 3 Stonechat, several Meadow Pipit, c28 Linnet, several Goldfinch. 1 juvenile Whitethroat, couple House Martin, few Swallow.

Mixenden Res: 1 GSW, more Swallows incl juveniles. 1 Reed Bunting, Meadow Pipits. The population of waterbirds increased twofold with a Moorhen & a female Tufted present.


I really screwed up my camera settings today but lucky me my mobile bone camera works fine. I don't know what this example of lepidoptera is but I do know it's a lifer for me. It was on the footpatch by the reservoir wall. I've tried to find out on the 'net but I can't even get close.


Finished off on the way home with a Windhover hovering over Windhover Windy Bank.