Wednesday 12 June 2024

A Session With Sr Al Bufera

Such a busy long session I am tempted to relate my enthrallments in instalments. Let’s start with a really cracking experience shall we.
Halfway through, I sat down to log my sightings on my voice recorder. Amid all the greenery was a small bare patch of sandy stony ground. A wader came onto it and surveyed my trespass allowing for a few acceptable photos as it peered at me. It was a Little Ringed Plover 😜. Another one was seen well apart from this in the salinas.

7 Greater Flamingo, c44 Shelduck, c22 Pochard. 1Purple Swamphen. 10/11 Black-winged Stilt ditto Glossy Ibis. 3 Avocet, 1 Purple Heron, Little Egrets into the mid teens.

4 Balearic Flycatchers (aka our Spotteds). 4 Nightingales. I found a dead Swift and picked it up; about 3 million 🐜 ants immediately informed me they were upset by this behaviour. I’ve had enough and can’t continue (who said thank gawd for that?).

PS 4/5 Cettis Warbler, 2 Grasshopper Warbler, 3 Stonechat ditto Zitting Cisticolas.