Monday 10 August 2020

Soil Hill to Mixenden

0915 - 1135 hrs. Soil Hill produced my first autumn Wheatear which also is only my second for the year.
  

1 WW, couple Meadow Pipit, 1 Greenfinch and a welcome Stonechat.


A couple of Goldfinch ditto Swallow & 1 LBBG. A few BHG were down in the bottom field.

Ogden Res: 2 GSW and the same number of Cormorant & GC Grebe.




I thought I had an adult Yellow-legged Gull in with the 5/6 LBBG on the drink. The mantle was right as was the bulky head however it was distant, views were patchy and the legs never showed so it remains in my thoughts only.

Also 3 Common Gull alongside the usual BHGs. 3 WW, couple Goldcrest, few expected woodland types.
A Kestrel was at the golf course, then it nosedived until a quiet Mixenden Res which held only a LBBG and a female or possible eclipse Tufted Duck.


Somebody and I don't think it is YWA people have really gone to town on destroying a fair section of the perimeter wall opposite the Activity Centre. I reported this to YWA as it poses a risk to elderly or infirm walkers using the footpath.

I apologise for the photogaphs. I think somebody is transferring them to my camera so I get the blame. If I find out who it is, they are in for a reet good kickin'.