Thursday 15 October 2020

Possible Northern Treecreeper


One I'm going to investigate further. I saw this Treecreeper, a very pale bird with a notable white supercilium at Ogden Water this lunchtime. It was so active that I thought there were two of them at one stage. 


A pr of Crossbill flew over while I was involved in photography and a couple of Coal Tit were in the vicinity. Not far off were 8/9 LTT. Also present 1 each Nuthatch, GSW & Green Woodpecker.
Usual large & small gulls on the water.

Prior to this Soil Hill provided 17 Lapwing atop the S slope. A Raven was on the Radio Mast and a Grey Heron on the track. A pr Stonechat were by the old ruin with 4 Meadow Pipit & a Pied Wagtail nearby. The Ned Hill swamp held 5 Blackbird 9 Goldfinch  & a Chaffinch.




The golf course area produced 1 Dipper, 8 Goldfinch & a Jay.
Mixenden Res held 11 Common Gull & a pr Tufted Duck.
I've had much worse days than this!