Monday 19 October 2020

Sunday & Monday

Sunday 18 October. I couldn't get to see the 2 visitors together up Soil Hill this am due domestic duties so I went out back for a good cry 😭. 4 Goldfinch flew across and as I looked beyond them I could see 2 Raven perched atop the Black Dyke Mills chimney. This is a first in the 20 years I've been here, so I was mollified. Thank you Miss Molly 👩. The local crows soon twigged and mobbed them as they took flight.

Monday 19 October. I got 1 Black Redstart on arrival upon the Hellish Hill which was being blasted by a strong wind. The bird was hiding under the trailer but there may have been the second bird present because I heard loud calls for around 20 seconds.
The only other birds seen were a Grey Heron & a Blackbird.

Ogden was poor, so much so I staggered up to the Tooth which produced ironically a pr Raven. The usual Gullage on the water. Couple Jay, 1 Mistle Thrush.
Mixenden Res just had c42 small gulls & a female Tufted Duck. 6 Blackbird & a bunch of Chaffinch.

Opened the back door on arrival home to be greeted by a squadron of Goldfinch.