Monday 26 October 2020

Sunday and Monday

Sunday 25/10. Had a boring wind blown walk through Littlemoor Park around High Cross Lane then down Shaw & Corporal Lanes. See where I'm going with this? Not a bird mentioned, I'm just filling out the post. Few Goldfinch, 1 Meadow Pipit, couple Blackbird. A couple of gulls here a caaawvid there. Chronic 💀.

Monday 26/10. An up and down session for sure in horizontal rain at times, but at the end I'd almost been blown dry.
Soil Hill: 1 Black Redstart giving good views as it hopped about around and under the trailer. It also flew briefly in a downpour, coming to rest behind a wall. 3 Blackbird present and c16 gull sp. in flight.

Ogden wasn't good. 1 Bullfinch, couple LTT. 1 LBBG, few BHG, couple or three Common gull. However I did experience a first in all my many years of birding (I'll be 38 next week). Flying SW were 6 Grey Heron in a tight group.



Mixenden Res: 1 f or eclipse male Goldeneye flew across the length of the reservoir fairly close up to settle out in the middle.
Loads of gulls were present, mainly Common but also 4/5 larger species. I thought I'd got 1 maybe 2 YLG however I can't say the birds in the photos are they. Goddam size of white spots and amount of black on primaries grrrrr. They didn't reveal their legs at all.