Friday 12 August 2022

A Relatively Glorious Twelfth

Not a good day for Grouse in our area I’m sure but mine was a good one ☝️. Kicked off at Ogden Water with an adult YLG in with the LBBs. Pity they all took flight before I could wield the camera and I didn’t find it on any shore line after that 😏.


A Wader was working the N shore moving from E to W where the Skirden Clough bridge is. This time the camera earned its keep as I managed a few below average but critical shots of a feeding Greenshank 😁.



It’s been 6 years since I had this species here.



6 Cormorant, 2 Tufted Duck, 1 GC Grebe, 2 Curlew and a few truckloads of gulls including Herring & a couple of Common.


The top fence at Carrs Beck coughed up another Redstart and just along the track towards a birdless Mixenden 5 Wheatear. A couple of these appeared to be juveniles.