Saturday 6 August 2022

Chapter DCXV Ogden Route


Something slightly different at Ogden Water this am about 1010 hrs. A Buzzard first circled then flew the length of the water causing the whole shooting match of gulls to take flight but only for a minute or so.



4 Cormorant, GC Grebe & the Tufted Ducks. A single Grey Wagtail.
Quite a commotion at the Ogden Clough bridge. A sizeable moving passerine flock included LTT, 2 Nuthatch and a few WW.

A txt from DJS had me stumbling up to the Carrs Beck fence for my first UK Spotted Flycatcher of the year.



Both Redstarts from yesterday were still present along with 2 Jay and a few Linnet. Good to have a chat with Dave and Peter Smith.


Many Swallows and c15 Goldfinch at Hunter Hill bottom with a GSW. I’d like to thank the Black Bull I met on the track for scuttling past me after I’d graciously stepped to one side 😇.
A Kestrel in the Mixenden woods the only thing worth a mention.