Friday 4 August 2017

Raggalds to Mixenden

Raggalds field has got about 2 litres of water showing but the 5 Lapwing, 2 Pied Wagtail & c8 Starling I saw were at the top of the field much nearer the roadside.
Soil Hill gets a two turd rating for the ZZZzzzzzzzzz factor 💩💩
Ogden Res had several LBBG & BH Gulls plus 1 Common & a Headache that had  me taking lots of low grade photos but I dare only publish 3.




Basically I couldn't determine between a 3/4CY Herring or YLG hence my first ever Yellring Gull.
8 Cormorant were present but some took flight before I left.

The stage from the golf course to Mixenden was dire; 2 Mistle Thrush, a few Swallow and c12 House Martin were seen with 1 Common Gull deciding to fly over the reservoir.
While we're in the mood; any Swift seen this next 9 days or so will probably be the last of the year.