Monday 25 May 2020

Soil Hill to Ogden Reservoir

Never thought I'd be jumping for joy at going round Ogden but after a 2 month absence I was.

Soil Hill: Kestrel, 2 RLP, Lapwings including 1 harassing an Oystercatcher.
The Sedge Warbler continues to sing and display.


I found evidence of breeding Curlew; this eggshell was about 50 yards down from the N slope top. I suspect a predator had carried it up there from the  bottom.



Usual WWs & Whitethroats knocking about as were the ground dwellers & Blackbirds. Also a few Swallow but I didn't get any Sand Martin. Pied Wagtails seem to like being captured on camera.


So onto Ogden where I got my first Cuckoo of the year. A Green Woodpecker chuckled and a GSW drummed a couple of times.




There were a few Blackcap & WW singing plus 2 Chiffchaff ditto Song Thrush.
The water produced 1 pr of Herring Gull & another pr LBBG. On the W shoreline 4 Oystercatcher posed graciously for photographs.