Friday 26 June 2020

More Hit n Miss Birding

0625-0950 hrs.
In keeping with the recent trend; more miss than hit. I threw in a stretch of moorland which failed to produce anything but a few Meadow Pipit and Swallows.


The 2 juvenile LEOs were very evident and shortly after this encounter, I managed two sightings of one adult bird flying over fields.


Ogden Res had an adult GC Grebe on it along with 1 Cormorant, 2 BHG & 1 LBBG. 4 more LBBG were overhead and a Kestrel in the vicinity. Good to see part of the grounds have been designated rubbish dumps.

Other birds seen before the final venue include 1 Jay, 2 Mistle Thrush ditto Whitethroat, 1 Curlew ditto Blackcap. Usual Goldfinch & Linnets. Couple Chiffchaff, 5 WW, 2 Song Thrush.

Mixenden Res was once again poor, just a few Swallow. Not to worry though it too is serving the community as a rubbish tip.
I got my first Ladybird of the year, it was crawling up the back of my head. 😍