Tuesday 9 June 2020

Shelf Moor to Horton Bank CP



Shelf Moor 0910-1010 hrs. 6 Lapwing behaving in a manner that suggested young were about. 2 Adult LBBG very actively flying around. It became obvious that the dreaded June dispersal doldrums have struck with a big fall off in noise and sightings, confirmed by evidence of adults feeding young, in this case Great Tits. Also couple Linnet & Swallow, 6 Mall  Dullard (I'll get it right one day) in flight.



Horton Bank CP 1025-1125 hrs. Not too busy but I'm glad I don't go at eventide; there were c30 laughing gas shells, 1 empty Vodka bottle (you could have saved me a drop) and several beer bottles lying in one extinguished fire spot.



Quiet here also: 1 Mute Swan, 6 Canada, couple Moorhen, several Coot & young. I decided that the only Gull present is a 2CY LBBG no doubt I'm due for nightmares now.
1 WW & 2 Chiffchaff were singing.