Saturday 14 April 2018

Roasted Birder Bags a Few

Friday 13th April.
The trip to a distant island for some snorkelling and chance birding took place at the cost of an acquired glow plus a toasted scalp. I got off lightly I suppose; some of the lizards I came across would definitely take your leg off at the elbow should you displease 'em.

I got a few more lifers from our feathered planet sharers and again one was a Warbler seen well and long enough but I can't quite pin it down yet. Here is the short but quality list I drew up before crashing out with exhaustion:
Brown Pelican, Laughing Gull, Caspian Tern, Sandwich Tern, Zenaida Dove (maybe a lifer but I can't remember from my last visit in 2007). Some large Greyish Brown waders were perched on a stone pier but I couldn't nail them. I also picked up another Yellow-faced Grassquit and the obligatory swarms of Turkey Vulture plus unidentifieds from the coach.

These are the lifers: Royal Tern, Least Tern, Black Skimmer, Tawny-shouldered Blackbird.